|CPP Year 3
CPP 3 was performed and directed by the third year CPP Students students in the Chandler Studio Theatre, May 2016.
Photos can be seen in these links:
Lighting Designer Ross McCrone
Stage Manager Chariya Glasse-Davies
Stage Manager/ Technical Stage Manager Malcom Rogan
Head Electrician Jared Hutsby
Production Manager Colin Bell
CPP 3 (Group A)- The Jones
- This production had a circle of blacks which was created by bending 30m worth of 25mm box steel into a circle. We then hung blacks all around the circle and then lifted it up to just below the catwalks and secured them into place using strops and shakles.
- This production required 6 free standing doors. We already had four in stock from previous shows. We used two flat doors and flew these in place and then added braces.
- Helped source doors
CPP 3 (Group B)- Enconium
- We built a flying system using a chain motor. We attached the chain motor with a strop and master link to a piece of small truss which was secured across the catwalks with rachet straps. We then attached the coathanger to the chain motor hook using a carabina. We then attched the 1m drifts to the coathanger using carabinas. This allowed us to raise the performer using the motor and during the perfromance one person would attach the perfromer to the coathanger using the frogs clips.
- Sourced the 6 monitors used in this production.We borrowed them from AV Store.
- If you don't have enough flambar and are dealing with hay we kept the hay damp constantly so that the dust was kept to a minimum. This method has been used by various professional Theatre Companies.
CPP 3 (Group C) No Regrets
- We used seven 4X8 steel deck and one 4X4 to create the catwalk. We also used three long pieces of truss and two corner pieces to create the football goal at the back of the catwalk. We attached it to the red bars at the back of Chandler using a small piece of scaff and double swivel clamps.